Skip to main content

Embossed Floral Card with Distress Ink Blending


Hi there! It's my great pleasure to share with you my first project as a CutCardStock designer! It has been a cold winter with a lot of snow here in the north east. Making floral cards really cheers me up and reminds me that the spring is just around the corner. 

For this card, I used the Curious Metallic White Gold Cardstock. I love the heavy weight (92# cover) and shimmery look of this cardstock. And the surface is super smooth, which makes it great for ink blending. 

First cut the cardstock into 5.5 inch x 4.25 inch pieces (A2 size). 


Then embossed it with an embossing folder to give it a little bit of 3D look. This cardstock held up pretty well during embossing. 

Daubed and blended on the distress inks using light circular motions.  

Here is the finish look after ink blending. The shimmer of this cardstock really added shine to the flowers (pictures didn't do it justice). 

For the sentiments, I used Stardream Metallic fine gold 105lb cardstock. This is the best gold cardstock I've ever found. It also has a shimmery finish and even heavier weight. It's great for die-cut sentiments. 

Lastly, cut a scallop frame using the Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock, and assemble everything together. For the card base, Cougar A2 folded Invitation card was used.  




Thank you for stopping by! Please let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment below. Be sure to follow CutCardStock on Facebook to get updates on sales and inspirations. And don't forget that the Curious Metallic Cardstock is on sale this month. Happy crafting~

Cheers,
Lia

Comments