Skip to main content

Watercolor on Metallic Cardstock


Hello my crafty friends! Have you ever wondered how would watercolor look like on metallic cardstock? Here is my experiment.

The smoothness of the Curious Metallic Cryogen White Cardstock inspired me to try distress oxide ink blending on it. I used two green colors and they were very easy to blend together because of the super smooth surface of this cardstock. If you zoom into the picture, you may see little sparkles embedded in the cardstock that add extra shine to this background.



Then I cut the piece with a frame die and heat embossed the sentiment on the bottom. 


With the same Curious Metallic Cryogen White Cardstock, I die-cut three roses.


Watercolored the roses with two colors shown below. Although this cardstock is not very absorbent like watercolor papers, it is thick enough to hold its shape when water was applied. The two colors flew and blended together pretty well.



Assemble all the pieces together, here is a rose card for the spring. I love how soft the background turned out and the way the watercolors blend on this cardstock. The metallic nature of the cardstock makes the card shine and sparkle in a non-overwhelming way.


Thank you for stopping by! Please let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment below. Be sure to follow CutCardStock on Facebook to get updates on sales and inspirations. Happy crafting~

Cheers,
Lia

Comments